Meet Ms. Kelly - part 1
I have three precious children. Kenny is 9, Victoria is 4, and Olivia is 3. It seems like only yesterday that I was a brand new mother learning how to feed, burp, and live on two hours sleep!
Where has the time gone? I have watched Kenny move from baby noises to learning to walk, to potty training, to that brave first day of Kindergarten, to cheering him on at sporting events. I am also noticing a new world of “big boy” noises, behavior, and smells (who knew feet could smell so yucky?)
One thing that I have learned as Kenny’s mom is that as dearly as I love him, he has a Father in Heaven who loves him even more than I do. He is just on loan to us. Our most important job as his parents is to teach him just how much his Father loves him. Tall order. Deuteronomy6:5-8 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them upon your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”
Wow. Raising children in the Lord starts with Lance and me. I can’t depend on church or friends to do the main part of the spiritual work, I have to model it at home. The good news is that God has given me these children because He knows what they need, and He can guide me in how to provide their spiritual food. So, by the grace of God, I plug on. I do some things right. I do some things wrong. And maybe when I see Jesus face to face, He will smile and say “well done, good and faithful servant. By the way, what was up with you backing out of the driveway without the kids that time?” Live and learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment